Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Love Thy Neighbor - If that doesn't work, shoot him!


OKC, OK -- Neighbor's digging dog leads to gun fire.

According to court papers, on October 7 James and Yoshiko Gilbert went over to their neighbor's home upset over his dog digging at their shared fence.

As the Gilbert's were knocking, the homeowner pulled up in his vehicle and asked what they wanted. The Gilbert's apparently became belligerent and an argument ensued. The victim stated that James reached into his back pocket and produced a handgun and pointed it at him.

Like a scene out of a Hollywood action movie, the victim grabbed James' hand and twisted it until he dropped the gun. The two then went at it "mano-y-mano."

Like any supportive wife, Yoshiko then picks up the gun and shoots the neighbor in the arm before both retreated to their respective homes.

Felony charges were filed against both Gilberts - James for pointing a firearm and Yoshiko for shooting her neighbor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are my parents and the neighbor went ballistic. Both my parents were acquitted of the charges and are now going to sue Mr. Shannon Grose, who has gotten away with assault and battery before, this is his third time. After the gun was dropped, my mother picked up the gun and told my father, "lets go". As they were leaving Shannon sucker punched my father and attempted to harm him further; mom shot him.

Unknown said...

I am son of the Gilbert's and they were acquitted of all charges. My father only pulled the gun after he was shoved and hit three times. He only wanted Shannon to back off and told him so. The gun was not forced out of my father's hand, he simple dropped it on the sidewalk and told my mother to pick it up. My mother picked it up and told my father, "let's go". They headed for their car and Shannon pursued my father and struck him from behind and then proceeded to slam his head onto his girl friend's car parked in the driveway. My mother told Shannon several times to stop, but he did not listen and so she shot him.

The state had nothing. Shannon's girl friend contradicted herself so the State did not use her as a witness. Shannon also changed his story each time he told it; my father's attorney only pointed to two contradictory statements out of a dozen or so.

Shannon who has gotten away with assault twice before has gotten away with it again. Simply because he had to call the 911, he had no choice. The fact is, the State will not file charges against him.

My father was out of it and was not thinking clearly so he did not think to call the police and my mother does not speak nor read English that well, called me. My parents waited for the police to come and get their story, but instead they were promptly arrested and jailed. If they would have called first, Shannon would have been jailed.

We learned three things from all this.

1. All lawyers are scum.

2. If you pull a gun, use it. We were told this by several police officers; one of which is my uncle, a captain.

3. If you use a gun, call the police before the other person does. It will cost you if you don't.

Shannon will be paying for his mistake as my parents have filed suit. He had the balls to lie to the police and even filed a civil suit well before the criminal trial was over. He and his girl friend both conspired to put my parents in jail and collect a payday at the end. Now the tide has changed and they are now on the defensive.

Just so you know, both my parents had a conceal and carry permit at the time of the shooting.