Friday, April 27, 2007
It all started oddly enough on Friday the 13th of this month. That's when Isaac Nyachwaya Simiti, 31, of Panther Expedite trucking and Preprint Logistics pulled into Quebecor World to pickup a load of fliers to be delivered to Texas.
According to court papers, everything was going fine, and after the 375,000 fliers were loaded into Simiti's truck he checkout and drove off with them.
Reportedly, Simiti returned soon thereafter claiming his truck was "over weight."
When a "resolution was not reached," a decision was made to offload the fliers.
Obviously that was not acceptable to Simit and he drove away with the cargo, valued at $50,000.
Investigators inquired to Simit's employer and they informed police Simit was considered absent without leave and that they wished the load to be considered stolen.
Simit's employer explained to police that the missing load of fliers was their responsibility and could cost their company the multi-million dollar contract with CVC Pharmacy.
Simit is described as residing in Arlington, Texas.
Felony embezzlement charges have been filed against Simit.
According to police, Brandon Keith Stinnett, 26, was upset that his girlfriend (Kaycie) had ended their relationship. Reportedly, Stinnett returned to his former girlfriend's home at about 2:00am, broke out a bedroom window and entered the residence. Kaycie, fearing for her safety, called police.
When police arrived they found Stinnett in the living room and Kaycie hiding in another part of the house.
Stinnett is now charged with breaking and entering.
According to court records, James Thomas Pascoe, 22, of Midwest City is a big fan of the Super Target in Norman. I mean, who isn't? They've got low prices, a wide selection of merchandise and those pesky asset protection dudes with their dozens of strategically placed security cameras.
Seems on March 6th Pascoe was seen, on archived security video, to allegedly steal a Cobra radar detector, while concealing his activities "while hiding behind other merchandise."
Not content with his latest shopping spree, Pascoe returned to the Target on March 29th where he was quickly recognized by security.
According to police, Pascoe was followed on foot and via camera as he made his way around the store.
Pascoe's first stop was in hardware, where he "grabbed some razor blades" and a pair of snipes(c'mon you can't expect a guy to bring his own larceny tools).
Pascoe then made a b-line to the electronics section. There he grabbed an LCD remote and was seen "using the razor blades ... to cut the remote control out of the package."
As luck would have it, Pascoe, who is obviously not as sharp as the razor blade he was using, sliced open his finger and began bleeding.
Instead of calling for a "bio hazard cleanup on aisle 4," Pascoe did what any self-respecting thief would do and headed straight to men's wear.
There Pascoe reportedly used "several clothing items (2 pairs of jeans and 1 shirt) to wipe the blood" shooting from his finger.
Then it hit him - Pascoe realized Target has a first aid section! So, he dropped the now gangsterized clothing and opened a box of large Band-Aids.
Completely famished from his high-jinks, Pascoe reportedly headed to the deli section, bought some food and left the store.
Pascoe was identified in a police photo lineup and allegedly confessed when confronted by police.
Last week Pascoe was charged with larceny of merchandise and malicious injury (to Target's property, not himself).
For fun we decided to total up Pascoe's shopping spree;
- Cobra Radar Detector $99
- Razors $1.97
- Snips $7.99
- LCD Remote $79.99
- 2 Pairs of Jeans and 1 T-Shirt $71.97
Grand Total (not including tax and his lunch) $260.92In honor of Pascoe, below we've included the following compilation of other shoplifters who ended up having a pretty bad day too!
Seems Katrina Ann Smith was working for Target, as a cashier, until recently.
According to court records, Smith was a little too tempted by the plethora of gift cards near her register (hey, we understand, they can be like a siren's song to the shopping challenged).
Seems that from February to March of this year, Smith treated herself to over $450 worth of gift card giving (make that receiving).
Prosecutors allege that Smith confessed when questioned by Target loss prevention.
Last week, Smith was charged in Cleveland County with a single misdemeanor count of embezzlement.
According to records at the University of Oklahoma, Smith is currently enrolled as a junior in the College of Mass Communications.
And, according to her personal website, she is very opposed to genocide in Darfur (Western Sudan).
No word if Smith was planning to use her $450 in ill-gotten gift cards to feed the starving children of Darfur, or just buy some new lip gloss!
According to court records, on April 23, Heather Linn Allison, 32, had been drinking when she and her husband got into an argument at the Circle K on West Main in Norman.
At some point, Allison allegedly tried to run over her husband, striking him with her vehicle and causing injury. Allison fled the scene but was arrested a short time later.
Allison is now charged with felony assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, leaving the scene of an accident with injury, DUI and driving without a license.
Allison was released after posting a $20,000 bond.
Allison has a May 8th date with the judge.
- Phredda Helene Wallace - White female - 19yrs old - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1500 block of N. Greenway Dr. - Charged with: Felony embezzlement by an employee. Seems Wallace is charged with taking money from the Buy For Less in Yukon.
- Adam Martin Schulz - White male - 22yrs old - Edmond, OK - Resides in the 1300 block of Swan Lake Rd. - Charged with: Felony malicious injury to property (over $2,500). Seems in Oct. of 2006, Schulz (and accomplice Brandon Michael Rosalez) left their mark (graffiti) on the American Asset Management Services Corp. in Yukon, to the tune of $12,811.
- Adam Martin Schulz - White male - 22yrs old - Edmond, OK - Resides in the 1300 block of Swan Lake Rd. - Charged with: Misdemeanor malicious injury to property (less than $2,500). Seems Schulz also had an urge to graffiti the JR Fulton and Associates office.
- Brandon Michael Rosalez - White male - 21yrs old - Yukon, OK - Resides in the 3900 block of Landmark Rd. - Charged with: Felony malicious injury to property (over $2,500). Seems in Oct. of 2006, Schulz (and accomplice Adam Martin Schulz) left their mark (graffiti) on the American Asset Management Services Corp. in Yukon, to the tune of $12,811.
- Brandon Michael Rosalez - White male - 21yrs old - Yukon, OK - Resides in the 3900 block of Landmark Rd. - Charged with: Misdemeanor malicious injury to property (less than $2,500) to the JR Fulton and Associates office.
- Bradley Scott Buchanan - White male - 28yrs old - El Reno, OK - Resides in the 200 block of N. Barker. - Charged with: Possession of a weapon on school property. Seems Buchanan was in the men's room at Hillcrest Elementary in El Reno with a BB gun.
- Jonathan Claud Royce Byrd - White male - 18yrs old - Calumet, OK - Resides in the 23000 block of West Highway 66 - Charged with: Two counts of misdemeanor malicious injury to property under $2,500. Looks like Byrd was playing a little mailbox baseball.
- Zachariah Wayne Cotton - White male - 20yrs old - Hinton, OK - Resides in the 400 block of S. Clark. - Charged with: Two counts of misdemeanor malicious injury to property under $2,500. Looks like Cotton was playing a little mailbox baseball.
- Leslie Laynee Fellabaum - White female - 40yrs old - El Reno, OK - Resides in the 1200 block of W. Wade. - Charged with: Misdemeanor larceny of merchandise. Allegedly, Fellabaum walked out of the Beachler's IGA with one can of Copenhagen and one pack of Marlboro Red cigarettes.
- Robert Lee Prigmore - White male - 20yrs old - El Reno, OK - Resides in the 800 block of S. Hadden. - Charged with: Two misdemeanor counts of embezzlement by employee. Prigmore allegedly took $21.68 and $139.17 from his employer, Wal-Mart.
- Kevin Richard Hurley - White male - 27yrs old - Mustang, OK - Resides in the 400 block of S. Meadow Lane. - Charged with: Misdemeanor embezzlement by employee. Allegedly Hurley took two spools of copper wire, valued at $377, from his employer King Electric.
- Ruben James Becktol - White male - 22yrs old - Yukon, OK - Resides in the 10000 block of W. Highway 66. - Charged with: Felony robbery with a weapon. Allegedly Becktol robbed the Dollar General Store in Yukon with a knife.
- Kaleb John Kilhoffer - White male - 19yrs old - Yukon, OK - Resides in the 1400 block of Ethan Ln. - Charged with: Felony grand larceny from a house and misdemeanor breaking into a dwelling and impersonating an officer.
- Roger Kevin Barton - White male - 46yrs old - El Reno, OK - Resides in the 600 block of SW 25th Place. - Charged: Felony burglary in the 1st degree and felony assault and battery of a police officer.
- Derek D. Gibbs - White male - 20yrs old - El Reno, OK - Resides in the 400 block of S. Evans Ave. - Charged with: Misdemeanor stalking. Allegedly Gibbs placed 20 calls to his victim in a 3-hour period and then left a box of pictures outside her residence.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
According to court records, Rose Njoroge of Tallahassee, Florida, "over the past two years ... has sent several obscene, harassing and threatening email messages and voice messages... "
The probable cause affidavit details some of the alleged unsolicited correspondence sent by Njoroge as follows;
- Excerpt from email sent. "I am also warning you Dr. Heiser, if OU continues to send any threats or letters to me or my son about fees or tuition after the school benefited from my son's abuse, this will end in tragedy!"
- Excerpt from another email to another person from OU. "Remember you will pay for this, no matter what it will cost me, and no matter how long it takes!"
- Excerpt from an email to the same person above. "Nigger, I am monitoring everything you do before you are locked up with other criminal perverts! Every time you look at your stupid nigger face in the mirror, remember time for reckoning is approaching!"
Investigators initiated an "email header trace" and tracked the emails to Tallahassee, Florida, where Njoroge lives. Additionally, "the caller ID and phone number left on several of the voice messages is Njoroge's home phone number."
Finally, "the caller's voice has been identified as Rose Njoroge by several [of] the OU faculty members that have met Njorog."
On April 19, Njoroge was charged in Cleveland County with the misdemeanor crime of making harassing telephone calls.
The story was originally reported by the Norman Transcript and other media outlets as a simple robbery after the victim, James Sprake, allegedly answered a knock to his hotel room door.
The robbery occurred in the early morning hours of March 22nd.
Sprake told police that three people entered his room and robbed him at gun point.
The three then drove away in Sprake's 2003 Lincoln Navigator.
The alleged robbers were described as two males and a teenage female.
While media reports would have you believe Sprake was the victim of an anonymous robbery, recently released court records show an interesting 'relationship' between Sprake and at least one of his robbers.
All three alleged robbers have been identified as Ashley Dawn Loftis, 18, Zachary Ryan Suter (Yukon, OK), 31, Steven Alexis Sanchez (Moore, OK), 21.
According to the probable cause affidavit, "Between the 19th and 22nd days of March 2007, James Sprake (victim) had an agreement with an Ashley Dawn Loftis - for her to 'be his girlfriend and hang out together' for an undetermined period of time, with the possibility of Loftis accompanying Sprake to his final destination in New Mexico."
The report goes on to state that Sprake "provided a lot of cash to Loftis" and that they visited several Oklahoma casinos.
The report also details that Sprake was introduced to Suter and Sanchez by Loftis, as friends.
On the morning of March 22nd, Loftis left Sprake and had Suter and Sanchez pick her up at the Super 8 Motel, where she and Sprake had been staying and return her to Oklahoma City.
Sprake, along with Suter and Sanchez, allegedly plotted to return to the Norman area. There Loftis would contact Sprake and tell him she had decided to go with him to New Mexico and could she come over.
Sprake agreed, and at about 8:00 a.m. Loftis returned to Sprake's room with Suter and Sanchez in tow.
When Sprake opened the door the trio walked in.
According to police, once inside the room, "Loftis advises Sprake that he 'owes her' and demands the keys to his vehicle as well as cash." At that point, Sanchez allegedly produces a handgun.
Sprake gives up his cash, car keys, cell phone and a briefcase. To delay Sprake from calling the police, one of the robbers removes the hotel room phone handset and placed it into the briefcase as they left.
The next day Loftis and Sanchez are arrested.
On April 18th all three were charged with felony crimes.
Loftis was charged with felony conspiracy to commit a robbery with a firearm, robbery with a firearm and larceny of a vehicle. Bond has been set at $25,000.
Sanchez was charged with felony conspiracy to commit a robbery with a firearm, robbery with a firearm and possession of a firearm. Bond has been set at $25,000.
Suter was charged with felony conspiracy to commit a robbery with a firearm and robbery with a firearm. Bond has been set at $50,000.
- Christopher J. Anderson - White male - DOB: 6/26/84 - transient - Charges: Domestic violence, assault & battery with a deadly weapon, no state driver's license, and disregarding a signal light.
- Shelby Scott Andrew - White male - DOB: 10/8/57 - Newalla, OK - Charge: Lewd exhibition.
- Maurice Arnold Brown - Black male - DOB: 9/6/59 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 900 block of NW 10th. - Charge: Larceny of merchandise.
- Jackie L. Cassil - White male - DOB: 10/24/66 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1300 block of SE 47 st. Park Dr. - Charges: Possession of a vehicle with an altered vin. number, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, drug paraphernalia, driver's license revoked and illegal tag display.
- Mary Ellen Estrada - Female - DOB: 12/24/56 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1700 block of Pette Ave. - Charges: Domestic violence and assault & battery.
- Steven R. Mills - White male - DOB: 9/25/88 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1500 block of SE 51st. - Charge: Larceny of merchandise.
- Mario S. Pando - Mexican male - DOB: 4/9/86 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 2200 block of SW Binkley - Charges: Burglary and disorderly conduct.
- Phillip D. Parker - Black male - DOB: 4/17/61 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 5400 block of Lenox. - Charge: Larceny of merchandise.
- James Edward Phillips - Black male - DOB: 11/16/72 - Minneapolis, MN - Charges: Possession of marijuana and illegal drug proceeds.
- Paul M. Phillips - White male - DOB: 4/15/83 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1300 block of SW 32nd - Charge: Domestic violence.
- Joella K. Shatswell - Female - DOB: 2/11/66 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1300 block of Apple Court - Charges: Domestic violence, assault & battery with a deadly weapon, defective windshield, no driver's license, no auto insurance and illegal tag display.
- Aaron Jacob Sloan - Black male - DOB: 3/11/87 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1400 block of Life Style Ln. - Charges: Obstructing an officer, assault & battery of a police officer, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest.
- Michael Q. Sturns - Black male - DOB: 5/4/57 - OKC, OK - Resides in the 1400 block of NW 2nd. - Charge: Assault & battery with a dangerous weapon.
- Thomas Tobin - White male - DOB: 2/28/66 - OKC, OK - homeless - Charges: Burglary, possesion of burglary tools and fugitive from justice.
- Erica White - White female - DOB: 4/28/88 - MWC, OK - Resides in the 200 block West Michael. - Charges: Domestic violence and assault & battery with a deadly weapon.
All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.